HOURS OF OPERATION:
WEDNESDAY 3:00 PM TO 6:00 PM
SATURDAY 8:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
Operations at Pittsford’s Transfer Station, where garbage can be taken and recyclables disposed of, are run by a collection of part-time staff.
The Town is pleased to report that the Transfer Station is now accepting used batteries and cell phones for recycling (in a separate, dedicated container). Just bring your item(s) to the attention of the attendants and they will help you drop them in the cardboard box in the proper way. It is quick and easy and earth-friendly!!!
Transfer station permit fee is $30.00/year per residence, occupant of multiple residence or business. One punch card for 10, 30-33 gal.bags are included with permit. For additional garbage disposal, punch cards are available for purchase. Punch cards for 10, 30-33 gal. bags are $25.
No cash transactions are permitted at the Transfer Station.
Zero-Sort Recycling is Available at No Charge
• Place all material neatly in the correct container or area or give to attendant.
• No scavenging is allowed in any area due to insurance liability
• Place garbage in compactor
• DEAD ANIMALS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN ANY DISPOSAL AREA.
• LIVE ASH OR ASHES ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR DISPOSAL.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT RECYCLING OR WASTE DISPOSAL, PLEASE CALL THE TOWN OFFICES.